- Another Crunk Cartology: if you happened to miss Ghislain Poirier’s African hip-hop mixes, you really need to track those down. For another perspective on the whole back-and-forth, see Daara J’s Boomerang thesis.
- Droid brings the latest blogariddimic spectacular: an hour of early 90s dancehall, an underappreciated but overwhelming (and deeply influential) era for reggae music — easy skanking gives way to bomp-bomp banging as flip-tongue DJs go to vocal and conceptual extremes (e.g., the opening Papa San cut is mindblowing; why don’t we hear more dancehall dramatizations along pantomime lines?)
- Blood & Fire inna digital download style !!
- Mad EP virtually drops distorted pastoral dreams via netlabel insidesmusic
- You may have caught pbWolf’s V-day mix last week, but you prolly missed the nicely mixd’n’mashed love affair offered up by Summaville’s own gNotes over @ El Canyonazo‘s spot for internat’l hip-hop Gnawledge. Sweet beats for lovers —
- Oye!: Afro-Pacific hip hop from Colombia
- Blame it on Steinski (Blame it on Hua)
- 50 incredible rap songs: ohword?!
- “these are troubling signs”: JA’s
witch‘homo’ hunt continues —
“Jamaica has lost its way if men think they can openly flaunt being gay without any consequences. We don’t want that kind of open gay life in this country,” the woman said. [link]
- what the drilly with that though?
8 thoughts on “Linkthink #57923”
â€œthese are troubling signsâ€: JAâ€™s witch â€˜homoâ€™ hunt continues…
Yeah. this came up on B+F last week. Thread started well – before the default reggae attitude kicked in…
Thanks for the kind words btw… ‘Maddy Maddy Cry’… what a tune. That and ‘Man Tonic’ are prolly my favourites of the set..
thanks for the link, droid. i’m actually surprised that that conversation stayed at the level it did. btw, the link to “homo hunt” is to another story (in the star) — that one more disturbing, i think (despite lack of refs to “tight pants”) — about three young boys accused of being gay, one of whom was beaten badly, another missing. i found the community commentary in that piece to be rather refreshing, though it was understandably anonymous.
Yowch. Didnt see that – its a nasty one…. i thought you had to at least hit puberty before being officially targeted by the Homofinder General.
“The homo hunt continues”… Hate it!!
i found myself marveling at this same brick beef behemoth when i got to visit chiacgo last sweltering summer… it is odd to see it turn up again!
professor nuts gets pretty panto
I posted about that valentine’s day near-lynching a couple days ago. are things ramping up or news just getting out? depressing either way.
and seriously, check Nigeria’s newest proposed anti-gay legislation. unreal. (http://direland.com)
‘maddy maddy cry’ was a big hit at the time, I recall….quite a few odd tunes followed in its wake, as they do in JA
Comments are closed.