- MP3 for Africa ! (cross-posted) — the snappy, statty hook:
If every American would buy 10 songs by African Artists, we would DOUBLE the amount of money the US is currently sending to Africa.
- the Boston Typewriter Orchestra (thx, mr.twink)
- Claire Chanel offers up another triple-slow screw: this time, Ciara’s “Promise” gets the souper-slrrrd tapedreck treatment –
- Wubbity Wubbity, Mappity Wappity: A Dubstep Genealogy ! (thx, dday)
- splice is a (Chicago-”based”?) online garageband-style sequencer intended to foster creativecommons-covered collaboration — definitely some potential there.
- musicthing nominates the ten best beat making videos on youtube
(gotta love that KFW chimes in — debunking berklee-ish bias, natch)
- (same time I ran across the above, I also discovered Domino [of Hiero game] offering some [non-youtube] peeks at his own beat making process)
- which reminds me, gscrugg’s videos of Rio’s Cabide live DJing MPC stylee are not to be missed: